There are a variety of portable heaters on the market, each with its own unique set of features. So, how do you choose the best one for your needs?
Here are a few things to consider when selecting a portable heater:
- Size and weight: A larger heater will obviously be more bulky and difficult to transport, so take into account how much space you have and how often you’ll need to move the heater.
- Fuel type: Portable heaters can run on electricity, propane, natural gas, or kerosene. Each fuel type has its own set of pros and cons, so decide which is best for your needs.
- Heating capacity: Make sure the heater you choose is powerful enough to heat the space you want it to.
- Safety features: Look for a heater with built-in safety features like tip-over protection and overheat shutoff.
Now that you know what to look for, here are our picks for the best portable heaters of 2018:
- The Dr. Infrared Heater 1500 watt is a powerful and efficient electric heater that’s perfect for small to medium-sized rooms. It also has a retro look that can be an interesting and attractive piece to add to your home.
- If you need a portable heater for outdoor use, the Mr. Heater Buddy is a great choice. It runs on propane and has an automatic shut-off if it tips over. This heater is warm even on low and is lightweight enough to keep on hand for emergency situations or any time spent outdoors when it’s chilly.
- The Lasko Ceramic Heater is a great budget option. It’s small and lightweight, making it easy to move from room to room. It also provides an oscillating feature and remote which keeps the room evenly warm.
- For a more powerful heater that can heat larger spaces, the De’Longhi Oil-Filled Space Heater Radiator is a good option. It has an automatic shut-off feature and runs quietly.
- The Dyson Air Purifier Hot+Cool Fan Heater is a great choice if you want a 2-in-1 device that can be used as both a fan and a heater. This is a more expensive option but it is powerful and covers several needs in one attractive design.
No matter what your needs are, there’s a portable heater out there that’s perfect for you. Just make sure to do your research and choose one that’s safe and efficient.
If your furnace is in need of some support, it may be time to contact a professional. Routine maintenance can prevent the need for a space heater as well as preventing future issues and costly repairs.