We’d all like to believe that our summertime is going to be full of fun and sunny days. The truth is that with the warm weather comes problems with drought, heavy rains, bugs, mosquitos, and a lot of other annoying situations.
Not only that, but you have issues with your outdoor plumbing to contend with. Below we’re going to look at some of the most common problems homeowners deal with during the summer and some suggestions on how you can deal with them.
Outdoor Plumbing Repair
When you count on your sprinkler system to keep your garden and grass look good, having it become damaged can be a huge problem. Damaged sprinkler heads aren’t easy to repair.
This is often discovered when you inspect your sprinklers at the beginning of the season.
One of the things that you want to do is to call your professional to come out and check the sprinkler heads for you. While it can be as simple as replacing one of them, in some cases plumbing repairs are needed for the lines as well.
Maintenance Tips for Your Outdoor Plumbing
You want your faucets to work well. So here are some tips that you can use to keep them working their best.
- Check your faucets and their hose bibs. Water should be flowing steadily and freely.
- Prepare your faucets and get them ready for cooler months. This will help avoid expanding and cracking.
- Check all parts of the faucet, including the spigot, aerator, spout, washer and valves. If your flow isn’t consistent, one of the parts could be affected by debris or wear.
Remember that you want your outdoor faucets to work well. Next, find out some signs that it’s time for a replacement.
Need a New Outdoor Plumbing Installation?
One of the most useful outdoor plumbing items that you have is your faucet. This is where you hook up your hose for watering your plants, washing your car and many other things. But just like everything else, sometimes below are four signs that it may be time for you to get a new outdoor faucet.
- The faucet is corroded – Your faucet is exposed to the elements and this will happen.
- The faucet’s handle leaks – Any kind of leak is a huge pain. It’s best to just replace it.
- The faucet is dripping – Not only does this waste water, but it also can waste money.
- The faucet is old – Maybe it’s just time to get something new.
These are the signs that it may be the time to get yourself a new faucet.
Are you ready for the summertime and are you looking for ways to make this summer be a lot easier for you?
Then give us a call and let us show you what a difference it can make to have your outdoor plumbing checked.
We are always happy to answer the questions that you have and let us know what we’re able to do. Whether you’re looking for a consultation, you have questions about your plumbing or you have other plumbing issues, call us at 918-358-6724.